Thursday 22 April 2010

Toronto Foodie Adventures... continued!


Now I'm on a roll, a spring roll that is!
Browsing through my photos from that long ago trip to Toronto, I came across a delightful duo of pics of Abi (of the mighty gastro-literature Literonomy blog) and I slurping our way through big steaming bowls of Phō at Kensington market's branch of cheap n cheerful Vietnamese chain Phō Hung. $CD 5 got you a heaving bowl with generous slivers of raw beef, barely poached in the delicate, coriander-laced noodly broth.
Behold the cheap formica, squeezy Sriracha sauce bottles and those über-cheap chopsitcks that give you splinters as you prize them apart. Hunker down for tasty, cold vietnamese spring rolls
and pho, if you're feeling unoriginal - as I was - you'll still be delighted with the results. Otherwise the menu of over 100 dishes is split aptly into sections (seafood, vegetables, beef, etc.) and the sweet ladies running the place, no English here, will engage joyfully in the grand art of menu-pointing and dubious scribbly-looking bill writing before serving you within about 3 nano seconds of you having ordered. I do so like speedy service!




1 comment:

Bilal Khatri112 said...

Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! Ronen Kurzfeld - Toronto Immigration Lawyer