Friday 30 April 2010

OFFICIALLY A LONDONER!


Dear readers,

as of tomorrow morning I sign a tenancy agreement, pack my bags and move into a fantabulously lovely house in brilliant Brixton with one half of awesome food-blogging duo Salad Club. And so begins a whole new life and a whole new chapter and a whole new food adventure as I am now free of the constraints of living at home and not eating or cooking whatever the hell I please!

I have Brixton market on my doorstep, the buzzing haven of activity that is Brixville in the Granville Arcade, some ace pubs and bars and a wonderful variety of cultures and gastronomies just waiting to be discovered. I've realised this blog - which started as a place to share recipes, instead became a restaurant review site - which is fine as I am always game for eating out, but it's not what I had really wanted it to be. So as of tomorrow, when I am once again master of my own eating and have the joy of a great kitchen to cook in, the recipes shall return.

I am imposing a set of rules on myself, that I hope to maintain as much as possible, even if it may become harder once I get a job. They are as follows:

1. As much food as possible to be sourced from Brixton market.
2. As much in season produce as possible
3. Meat no more than twice a week
4. Meat must be organic and form a sustainable source
5. Fish must be from a sustainable source or MSC certified
6. Increase intake of pulses and grains
7. Waste as little as possible - I am very conscious of being wasteful with my food... not recession-friendly, or very green!

The above (except for number 1) also apply to eating out. It is also my serious aim to start learning more about wine. Properly. Hence I am packing my guide to the wines of Italy for a bout of study.

So voilà! New house. New mentality. New approach. New adventures. Bon voyage I say!

No comments: